I was addicted to getting facials. I loved them. I loved the way my face felt after I got one and especially loved the arm and neck massages. I was lucky for a few years with my sister working at a spa which got me a substantial discount to help fund my love of facials.
Well.. She no longer works there and I am now a full time working mom of 3 year old twins. I miss my facials so much but I can’t justify spending the money and taking the time right now so I had to get creative.
The past year or so, I’ve been educating myself on essential oils and natural products. I didn’t realize all the amazing properties that some of them have on skin and anti-aging. In fact, when I used to get facials, my esthetician would use frankincense essential oil as part of my treatment! I just had no idea at the time of the great benefits; anti-aging, skin pigment correction. I started a search and found a natural face mask recipe that is so easy and only uses 3 ingredients!
Natural Face Mask with Frankincense Essential Oil
– 2 teaspoons bentonite clay
– 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
– 1 drop each or 3 drops of one of these Essential Oils (Frankincense, Lavender or Melaleuca)
- Combine clay and vinegar in bowl and stir until well combined.
- Tip: For a thicker mask, add an additional 1/2 teaspoon of clay.
- Add essential oils.
- Apply to clean skin, avoiding the areas around eyes and mouth.
- Let dry for 5-15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water and follow with moisturizer.
That’s it!!! It’s that easy. Just a reminder, make sure to use high quality essential oils. I’m biased, but I recommend doTERRA oils! Have fun with the mask.